Rhinoplasty (Protective Nose Aesthetic)
What is Preservation Rhinoplasty?
Preservation Rhinoplasty means protective nose aesthetics. It is one of many surgical techniques for nose (open, closed, classical, structure). Preservations Rhinoplasty is the most up-to-date and most popular nasal aesthetic technique that provides an excellent result and recovery by protecting the perichondrium and periosteum, which nourish the cartilage and bone of the nose, as well as its ligaments. It can be successfully performed by a limited number of surgeons.
Who are the right candidates for Preservative Rhinoplasty (Protective Nose Aesthetics)?
There are different types nose shapes which disturbs the patients via low nose, thick nose, split and trapezoidal nasal tip and arched (hump, V, S, flat, curved) nose.
Preservation Rhinoplasty can actually be performed on all noses at a rate of 90% by a surgeon who are well enough experienced with this technique. The surgery results are natural look with high level of patient satisfaction.
What are the Advantages of Protective Rhinoplasty?
- The main advantage of the Preservation Rhinoplasty technique is that it heals very quickly.
- The patient can easily return to his/her social environment on the 3rd postoperative day.
- Very minimal pain, edema and swelling are expected.
- There is no incision on the tip of the nose.
- There is no palpable irregularity on the nasal dorsum after the surgery because the natural nasal dorsum of the patient is preserved.
- The tip of the nose keeps its mobility compared to other rhinoplasty techniques. With this mobility, there are no situations such as frozen nose.
- Since the natural nasal ligaments are protected, there is no the tip of the nose.
What are the Disadvantages of Protective Rhinoplasty?
Preservation Rhinoplasty technique has no known disadvantages compared to other surgical techniques.
The only disadvantage is to able to find the surgeon who has expertise on this technique. The number of expert surgeons who are well experienced in this technique is very much rare.