All On Four “One Visit Dentistry-One Day Teeth”
What is the All On Four “One Visit Dentistry-One Day Teeth” implant technique?
The All On Four implant technique is a procedure that allows the dental prosthesis to be fixed on the same day on four dental implants placed at certain angles in completely edentulous patients.
What are the advantages of the All On Four “One Visit Dentistry-One Day Teeth” implant technique?
We can list the advantages of All On Four treatment as follows:
- It offers complete edentulous patients the opportunity to make a fixed dental prosthesis with a single surgical procedure on the same day.
- The operation is easier since no further surgical procedures such as sinus lift surgery or bone addition are performed.
- Dental implant surgery time is shorter.
- Since the number of dental implants used is reduced and it does not require additional surgical procedures, its cost is lower than conventional dental implant treatment.
- An aesthetic appearance and a laughing line that can be planned individually provides smile aesthetics.
- Cleaning and maintenance is easier than conventional dental implant fixed dental prostheses.
- It is suitable for patients who cannot use removable dental prosthesis and have nausea reflex.
- Its design is different compared to complete dental prostheses (palate). Since it does not cover the palate of the patient, it is easier to get used to and use.
- Since the number of sessions required is low, it is also suitable for patients residing outside the city.
Who can apply the All On Four “One Visit Dentistry-One Day Teeth” implant technique?
All On Four treatment can be applied to all fully edentulous (no teeth) patients who do not have any disease that may interfere with dental implant surgery and have sufficient bone volume.
What are the stages of All On Four “One Visit Dentistry-One Day Teeth” treatment?
Patients who are scheduled for All On Four treatment must first have a detailed clinical and radiological examination. A suitable planning is made for the patient by making measurements on computed tomography (CT).
The All On Four procedure consists of two stages as surgical and prosthetic procedures. On the day of treatment, after 4 dental implants are placed in the patient according to the planning, the temporary dental prosthesis is fixed on the dental implants on the same day. After 3 months, permanent dental prostheses are made to the patient.
Will I have pain after All On Four “One Visit Dentistry-One Day Teeth” procedures?
As with every dental implant operation, some pain and swelling can be seen after the procedure. However, these complaints can be easily controlled with medications you will use in accordance with your doctor’s advice.
Should I afraid of All On Four “One Visit Dentistry-One Day Teeth” Procedure?
All On Four procedure is a procedure that can be performed easily under local anesthesia. However, it can also be performed under sedation or general anesthesia in patients with high levels of anxiety and fear.
How will my nutrition be after the All On Four “One Visit Dentistry-One Day Teeth” procedure?
You can use your temporary dental prosthesis fixed on dental implants immediately after the procedure. However, you need to be fed with a diet that your doctor will recommend to you during the 3-month period, which is the process of fusing dental implants and bone. After the 3-month process is completed, you will be able to feed as you wish with your permanent prosthesis.
Is All On Four “One Visit Dentistry-One Day Teeth” a successful procedure?
Studies show that the All On Four procedure is a treatment method with a high success rate in long-term follow-up.